Wearables… Just a few years ago the term didn’t exist. Today, it’s one of the hottest areas in technology, with many of the newest ideas coming from innovation contests like the Wearable Technologies (WT) Innovation World Cup. And of course, here at Skild, our online contest management is all about technology and innovation.
What are You Wearing?
The WT Innovation World Cup 2016/17 is looking for the next generation in wearables. The competition is designed to inspire participants to come up with ideas for next generation products that have the potential to be marketed and sold. Sponsored by STMicroelectronics, MediaTek Labs, AiQ, VARTA Microbattery, and Cicor, the contest is the world’s leading innovation competition in the area of wearable technologies.
More than $300,000 in prizes will be awarded, including:
- Dedicated marketing activities to promote the finalists and category winners as “WT Innovators of the Year 2017”
- Access to the worldwide network of Innovation World Cup Series and opportunity to connect with important market players at a very early stage of product development
- Business acceleration
- Speaking opportunities at international conferences
- Opportunity to present your innovative solution at WT | Wearable Technologies Conference 2017 EUROPE in Munich
- Exhibition package at WT | Wearable Technologies Conference 2017 EUROPE
- Exhibition package at another WT event of your choice worldwide
- Placement in the “Hall of Fame”
- Exclusive coaching session with our partner Kickstarter
- Free co-working space in the vibrant startup capital Berlin provided by GTEC
- A deep-dive session with AIQ Smart Clothing to turn great concepts into real products for winner in “Smart Clothing” Special Prize.
- STMicroelectronics Development Kits for free.
Registration for this year’s World Cup is free and open until October 17. Finalists have the opportunity to present their innovative ideas at the award ceremony next year in front of sponsors, partners, and the many wearables “product experts” in the general public.
Participants create submissions in the categories Sports & Fitness, Healthcare & Wellness, Safety & Security, Gaming & Lifestyle. There are also special prize categories for Smart Clothing powered by AiQ and Smart Jewelry. Not only do participants have a chance to win prizes, simply by being entered they will greatly expand their network and enjoy extensive promotion through the competition.
They can also attend various events around the world during the submission phase, including:
July 12-13, WT | Wearable Technologies Conference 2016 | USA (San Francisco)
Sept. 21, Innovation World Cup Conference 2016 | NEUCHÂTEL
Oct. 12, WT | Wearable Technologies Conference 2016 | ASIA (Hong Kong)
Last year’s WT Innovation World Cup attracted more than 450 contestants from 60 countries. Nearly all of the finalists presented their ideas live on stage at the WT | Wearable Technologies Conference Europe, in January in Munich.
Whether you participate or simply follow the online contest software, it’s exciting to think about where wearables technology will go in the months and years ahead!