The Global Travel Entrepreneur Challenge (GTEC) looks to take advantage of “the power of local wisdom.” How many times have you visited a new place and wished you knew a resident who could direct you to the best restaurants, the coolest sights, or the most fun entertainment?
Triip (no misspelling there) is a travel platform that allows travelers to get the best private tours caringly crafted by handpicked local tour guides. Triip is now available in 93 countries and 650 cities around the world. And with a 98% approval rating from customers, it is surely expanding to other locations rapidly!
The Global Travel innovation contest seeks the most interesting and engaging tour created on Triip for any location by a local resident. Participation in the challenge is free and open to anyone of any nationality over 18 years of age, including students and professionals, regardless of discipline or industry.
What do you win? The top prize is a trip (for one) to the Seychelles islands, a tropical paradise in the Indian Ocean, off the eastern coast of Africa, plus spending money.
- Grand Prize: US $5,000 + 1 (one) return ticket to Seychelles + 1 free hotel night
- Best Social Media, Marketing, and Video Award: US $1,000
- Customer Happiness Award: US $1,000
- Most Creative Triip: US $1,000
- FWD Best Local Expert Hong Kong: US$ 2,000
Just as importantly for those who are looking for a career in the travel industry, after the contest they will have the skills and experience they need to manage a small travel business with tours and other local experiences. And, the fun tour they created to win the prize will still be available on Triip, so they can continue to use it to book tours into the future.
These criteria must be met to be considered for a prize:
- At least 1 Triip successfully booked and completed by November 8, 2016.
- At least 1 Triip review left on your Triip page by November 8, 2016.
- At least 1 photo of you on your Triip including Triip’s Logo with your travellers taken before November 8, 2016.
- GTEC 2016 Challenge Look Back form submitted before the deadline on November 18, 2016.
Where Will Your Next Trip Take You?
Here at Skild, we love competitions of all types — whether they use our innovation contest management platform or not. And a competition that makes it easier for travelers to have an authentic local experience? We’re in!